Made these yesterday. Where we come from, we eat this almost every week. You can buy them on the streets or at the local food market.
Here’s the recipe ;)
- 300 grams mashed pumpkin
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 200 grams all-purpose flour
- additional 150 grams soaked raisin.
not my favorite
- oil to bake with
- Cut the pumpkin, remove the seeds and fibers, but leave the hard skin.
- Boil the pumpkin until tender.
- Remove the hard skin and mash.
- In a bowl, first mix the milk, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla and salt together.
- Afterwards add the all-purpose flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Stir batter until well combined.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle. (Medium High Heat)
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of batter onto the griddle.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface and bottoms are brown. 1 min per side.
- Remember to use oil between batches.
- Serve with sugar.